Foundation Migration Law Expertise Centre
The Migration Law Clinic is the responsibility of the Foundation (Stichting) Migration Law Expertise Centre. This foundation was established on 8 January 2014. The Board of the foundation consists of:
- Prof. mr. Hemme Battjes (Chairman)
- Dr. Evelien Brouwer (Secretary)
- Prof. mr. Thomas Spijkerboer (Treasurer)
The board members do not receive reward for their activities.
The foundation has a professional liability and board members liability insurance.
Number registration Chamber of Commerce: No. 59,652,969
Aim of the Foundation
The foundation aims to gather and spread high level knowledge, insights and experience with respect to migration law, in particular European Migration law on behalf of relevant practitioners and organisations.
The foundation would like to achieve this goal by:
- providing advice, analyses and inventarisations to lawyers, judges and organisations;
- maintaining close cooperation with universities and practitioners. The foundation particularly cooperates with the Migration Law Section of the Department of Constitutional and Administrative Law (Faculty of Law) of the VU University Amsterdam. This will be done by educating and supervising motivated students in writing advice, analyses and inventarisations on behalf of external clients (under responsibility of the foundation);
- creating and maintaining business contacts with (potential) users of the advice, analyses and inventarisations provided by the foundation.
Board of Advisors
The Foundation Migration Law Expertise Centre has an Advisory Board consisting of:
- Prof. Tom Barkhuysen (Professor of Constitutional and Administrative Law at Leiden Law School, Lawyer at Stibbe)
- Prof. mr. Martin Kuijer (Professor VU University Amsterdam, Adviser for Human Rights Ministry of Security and Justice)
- Prof. mr. Egbert Myjer (Professor VU University Amsterdam)
- Prof. Ashley Terlouw (Professor of Sociology of Law at Radboud University Nijmegen)
Stichting Migration Law Expertise Centre
t.a.v. Evelien Brouwer
De Boelelaan 1105
1081 HV Amsterdam